RE: [Axiom-developer] Using ALLPROSE for SPAD programming

From: Gernot Hueber
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Using ALLPROSE for SPAD programming
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:45:51 +0200

Hi,

First of all, I want to point out that I don't want to advocate against
ALLPROSE for documentation, which is in fact an interesting development
framework.
Nevertheless, my contribution do the documentation discussion is
non-ALLPROSE. Did you consider using an "javadoc" style for
documentation. E.g. doxygen is a mature and flexible tool aimed primary
at C++ but extended to some more languages. The output formats include
html, latex, and rtf. Furthermore, doxygen can be "easily" extended by
using a preprocessor. I used a simple (and short) perl script to
generate a doxygen documentation for a bunch of VHDL source files (VHDL
is a language for hardware description of digital circuits) by mapping
part of the VHDL syntax to C++. In terms of documentation, the Axiom
Types correspond to C++ objects. Furthermore, both languages have public
exports and private functions, ...

In my opinion, this is _not_ an out-of-the-box solution, yet worth
considering.

Regards,

Gernot

DI Gernot Hueber