Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage
Date: 23 Aug 2006 00:36:39 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| it might be possible to develop course materials using axiom
| on various topics and make them available for teaching. --t

I agree in principle -- and that is what I tried to do.
However:
  (1) At the moment, Axiom does not look simple to build/install
      despite efforts in that direction;

  (2) the extension language seems to have a very fuzzy definition,
      when compared to other recent versions of CASes.

Particularly, with respect to (2), I have become unimpressed by the
Aldor mic-mac and the sort of self-infliged paralysis we have put
ourselves into (e.g. don't improve SPAD compiler, because something
better might come out of the blue).

I have less than a week left, so I'll try to use it as best as I can.