Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage
Date: 23 Aug 2006 02:49:48 +0200

Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| I agree, unfortunately. I'd be very very happy if it would be
| possible to make SPAD understand a greater subset of Aldor. However,
| I have no idea how.

I would like to see those who understand SPAD better than I do attempt
a clearer definition of the language.  I suspect it is something we
would need to do if we were to Aldor anyway, to ensure that the
translated programs continue to have the same meaning.

| Thus, for the time being I write my stuff in SPAD, and I hope I write good
| stuff. Meanwhile my program found quite a few -- previously unknown --
formulas
| for sequences in sloanes encyclopedia :-)

I believe that is a good thing!

| If I can help with specific things, don't hesitate. I can understand your
| frustration very well.

Thank you veyr much.