Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: cross-compiling Axiom

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: cross-compiling Axiom
Date: 03 Sep 2006 13:44:04 -0500

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| I don't know who doesn't know what doesn't work.

The issue is not who doesn't know, but why you believe that anyone
suggesting cross-compilation of Axiom does not know how lisp works, as
you suggested in earlier message.  That would help clarify confusions.

| I just asked how can this be done with gcl?

There are numerous poins to work out; and I've listed the most obvious
that immediately came to my mind.

The idea is to be able to use platform A to build Axiom, or minimal part
of it, so that the built Axiom can run on platform B.

Most distributors work that way, because they usually have faster
build machines.  Again, refer to Benjamin Kosnik's message from April
2006.