[Axiom-developer] RE: NotebookWiki

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: NotebookWiki
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 19:59:20 -0400

Tom,

On Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:18 PM you wrote:

> Recently, we've been discussing adapting the notebook to be
> used by Axiom and other languages.  I commented that I've
> been contemplating a fusion of the SAGE notebook, and the
> wiki idiom.  I thought I'd have gotten around to this sooner,
> but I've finally posted my ideas to the SAGE wiki.  This is
> by no means complete, but I want to get other people into the
> discussion early on.
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu:9001/NotebookWiki

I am very interested in this subject. As you might know, we
do already have some support for SAGE on the Axiom wiki
website:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxSage

This not based on the SAGE notebook concept, but rather on sage
/examples/latex_embed methods created by Gonzalo Tornaria and
Joe Wetherell et al.

Adapting the Sage notebook to be used by Axiom sounds very
interesting. Of course I am also interested in providing a more
general interface to Axiom from Sage in the same manner as the
existing Maxima interface.

Because of firewall restrictions I have problems accessing non-
standard HTTP ports like 9001 from my usual place of work. Is
there anyway you can make the NotebookWiki page accessible
through port 80 or 443? Or would you mind if I proxied your
site via the Apache web server at axiom-developer.org?