Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom.silver

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom.silver
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:25:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, root wrote:

| > The error from the configure is this:
| > *******************************************
| > Darwin
| > Your system name is Darwin
| > We do not know how to build for this kind of system
| > Send a note to address@hidden about it
| > *******************************************
|

| Actually, this is correct. I do not yet know how to build
| Axiom on a MAC. There has been a recent suggestion that we
| use Xcode and I'm pursuing that path.

Tim --

  Jacob is a student at TAMU taking my class on symbolic computations.
He is interested in provisos -- I suspect at some point he may get
into touch with you.
He is trying to build Axiom for his class work.

>From what I understand, Bill has been able to build the
build-improvements branch with some patches from Camm (which I believe
I already put in build-improvements).  I have a fix for the debian
failure.  Once that is in, I would like to make a tarball of
build-improvements available from axiom-developer.org or from SF
(whichever is OK with you).  This is to remove the "random" checkout
errors.