Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom.silver

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom.silver
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:53:46 +0200

First of all, there was not proper response to my suggestion

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-09/msg00138.html

of how to deal with the "binary" file problem that we have in the sourceforge repository. I think we should solve that BEFORE the data is moved to google code.

Where are the SVN experts???

 Looking at http://code.google.com/hosting/faq.html and the web
 I do not see a way yet implemented to import or keep in sync with
 SourceForge.

Hmmm... doesn't svn have some way to pull patches from another
repository? :-( Maybe 'svk pull' and 'push' can help?

Hosting FAQ says:

How do I get a copy of my data?
    At this time, there aren't any import or export features. But
    look for them as the service matures.

I guess we have to wait. In the meantime perhaps we can work out
a semi-automatic way to apply the patches automatically sent to

  'address@hidden'

Are you subscribed to that list?

Hmmm, but SVN has a way to run a script if someone says "svn commit". Couldn't that be used to send the patches from one server to the other? I have however no idea whether google or sf allows to run such scripts at commit time. Anybody more familiar with that?

On the other hand it seems that SVK could be tricked to do the syncronization job. Gaby what are your experiences with that? Isn't SVK creating a copy of the SVN repository locally (also as an SVN repository)?

And don't forget to update http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources
appropriately, once the "mirror" is working.

Best regards
Ralf