Re: [Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and lat

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and latex)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:48:52 +0200

On 09/13/2006 09:19 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| If Axiom is not available locally, then such links should
| automatically link to a standard remote website with similar
| information. This should be possible with a little javascript
| magic.

that should be an option -- I would hate to see Axiom suddenly starts
competing with other network hungry software for access to the net.

Gaby, I don't understand. If you have a documentation of Axiom and click on a like then you should get somewhere or the link should not show at all. I would prefer a local documentation ie, the link goes to some local html, but if that cannot be found the link should either directly link to some resources on the net or at least link to some footnote that tells you the appropriate URL.

Ralf