[Axiom-developer] Re: [SilverBinaries] (new) Help test Axiom Silver

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [SilverBinaries] (new) Help test Axiom Silver
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:39:20 +0200

Hi Bill,

Nice that you have opened up that site.

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SilverBinaries

However, I think we should stick to some naming convention otherwise people (not me anymore) get confused.

What we have is like Debian.

Gold = stable
Silver = unstable
Bronze = testing

You promote the build-improvements branch which is clearly in the testing phase, so it should NOT be called Silver.

It seems that we are all quite lazy and confuse the sourceforge repository with Silver. That should not be done.

Only

svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/trunk SilverAxiom

Should be called "Silver". It is actually correctly stated at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources

but maybe, I should add "Bronze" to the testing heading?

Anybody against that distiction? If no then SilverBinaries should be called BronzeBinaries and it should give the complete URL to download the sources, or there should be a link to the http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources
page.

Ralf