[Axiom-developer] [Fwd: Your message to Axiom-commit awaits moderator ap

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Fwd: Your message to Axiom-commit awaits moderator approval]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:55:00 +0200

Hello,

I give up.

I've removed the svn:keywords from all files and svn:eol-style from selected files. Of course that involved nearly ALL files of Silver, but after the commit went on for more than 45 min (!!! That looks like whole files have been transmitted, although I have only changed properties.), it tells me the following.

[snip]
Sending        axiom/zips/noweb.src.Makefile.patch
Sending        axiom/zips/tla-1.1.tar.gz
Sending        axiom/zips/vmlisp.lisp.pamphlet.patch
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MERGE request failed on '/svnroot/axiom/trunk/axiom'
svn: MERGE of '/svnroot/axiom/trunk/axiom': 500 Internal Server Error (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

From what I see, all files were sent to sourceforge, but as you can read from the attached mail, the commit was not completed because the log is too big. Nothing tells me that, if the list moderator (whoever this is) accepts the post that then also the commit succeeds.

I am simply frustrated by this. Why should I split a commit only because of limitations of the tools?

Ralf
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Your message to Axiom-commit awaits moderator approval Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:40:31 -0700
Your mail to 'Axiom-commit' with the subject

    SF.net SVN: axiom: [136] trunk/axiom

The reason it is being held:

    Message body is too big: 255284 bytes with a limit of 200 KB

notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/confirm/axiom-commit/62adcba8ed89469a078bb6d9dd5ed7aa7efc031a

--- End Message ---