RE: [Axiom-developer] conferene call

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] conferene call
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:18:49 -0400

On September 14, 2006 9:46 AM Kai Kaminski wrote:

> Tim Daly writes:
>
> > I work remotely. Once a week we have conference calls where
> > we all dial into a certain phone number and enter a pass code.
> >
> > It seems like this might be a reasonable thing to do with Axiom
> > because a lot can be resolved quickly over the phone.
> >
> > Would this be a reasonable thing for Axiom?

Yes!

> > Does anyone know of a place that provides this service?
> > Any idea of the costs involved?

Free.

> As far as I understand Skype offers conference calls. That would
> be free and Skype is available on Windows, Linux and Macs.
> Installation (on a Mac at least) is trivial.
>
> See www.skype.com.

I think using Skype for this is a great idea.

I very highly recommend Skype. Of course you need high speed
Internet access for it to work properly.

On September 14, 2006 10:07 AM Kai Kaminski wrote:

> [Skype for conference calls]
>
> Another interesting feature is that people can participate with
> regular phones as well (you need to on the order of 30 Euro/year,
> though).
>
> Skype also supports text messages. Tim, if you don't have a
> microphone and still want to try, go ahead.

Tim Daly and I have used Skype ... but we never seemm to be in
online at the same time. :(

The right time for a conference call is a big issue - especially
sense we are quite distributed around the globe.

On September 14, 2006 10:03 AM Kai Kaminski wrote:

> If you'd like to try it out before committing to it, feel
> free to call me (magicmuffinman).
>
> I believe that in conference calls the host should be the one
> with the biggest pipe, btw, since all communication goes over
> his machine.

My SkypeName is: billpageathome

Let's get together sometime soon - the more people the better. :)