[Axiom-developer] RE: putting pamphlets on MathAction

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: putting pamphlets on MathAction
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:05:15 -0400

On September 15, 2006 4:27 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work yet. How can I make
> MathAction compile a pamphlet?

??? What do you mean by "compile"?

Perhaps you expected that the SPAD code embedded in the pamphlet
file would be "compiled" the same way that

  \begin{spad}
  \end{spad}

is compiled on a wiki page? Unfortunately that is not yet supported
inside pamphlet files. To do that we need some extension to the
LaTeX style files that run Axiom automatically and embed the result
into the LaTeX code. The main reason is that we need pamphlet files
to work both inside and outside of the Axiom Wiki environment.

This does work now with the \begin{sageblock} and \sage commands.
It uses some LaTeX code that was contributed by a Sage developer.
See

  http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxSagePamphlet

What we have to do is extend this for Axiom.

> It seems that RECOP and the constructors in fffg.spad were
> compiled, but those from mantepse weren't. Furthermore, I had
> to fix a typo in RECOP, but I didn't manage to recompile it.
> Could you please try?

To compile the code has to be in \begin{spad} ... \end{spad} in the
page source outside the pamphlet or on a non-pamphlet page.

> I put the things into the places were I feel they belong.
>
> rec.spad is now linked from RecurrenceRelationOperator, fffg.spad
> from FractionFreeFastGaussianElimination and mantepse.spad from
> GuessingFormulasForSequences.

Good.

> The pages Guess and SandBoxFFFG should be deleted.

To do that you can log in as a Zope user. If you like, I can do
it for you.