Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006

From: Kai Kaminski
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:06:38 +0200

Sorry for disappearing suddenly, my internet connection went down. I'm
not sure what the problem was but it works again.

root <address@hidden> writes:

> 2) Tim looked at porting Axiom to the MAC.
>
>    There is an outstanding GCL issue. GCL save-system cannot save
>    images that will execute successfully.
Which version did you build and how? Which version of XCode/OS X did
you use?

> 4) The multiple-image-per-page issue with the original book was discussed.
>    Kai suggested fixing the postscript files so they all contain the
>    bounding box. Tim didn't think that was going to affect the floating
>    issue in Latex but Tim was going to review it anyway.
I'm pretty sure I didn't. It was Gaby.

> 5) Indefinites.
>
>    Tim mentioned that indefinites could be done using provisos.
>
>    Bill objected that provisos was a proof-theoretic approach
>    and that an algebraic approach might be more axiom-like.
>    Thus, express Indefinite(Integer) as a Poly(Int) domain if there
>    was sufficient coverage.
>
>    Kai thought that both approaches were needed.
Again that's Gaby.

> 6) Kai has a student who wants to work on provisos.
>    Tim agreed to share work with the student.
I AM a student, I don't have them. So that was Gaby, too.

Kai