[Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom memory usage and GCL

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom memory usage and GCL
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:41:54 -0400

Gaby,

On Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:10 PM you wrote:

> Bill Page wrote:
> |
> | How do you access the SF x86-linux1 machine? I used to
> | have access but the method I used (via cf.sourceforge.net)
> | stopped working a few weeks ago and I haven't been able
> | to access any of the compile farm machines since that time.
>
> I first log onto cf-shell.sf.net; then ssh x86-linux1 from
> there.

Cool. I wonder why no one at SourceForge ever mentioned that
this is possible?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200001&aid=1553456&gro
up_id=1

Or why the compile farm docs don't mention it except for remote
commmand execution? 'course I shoulda thought of trying that...
;)

> I've been doing a binary search (which gives me a chance to
> appreciate changetset commits); I may be near the commit that
> caused the problem, but I really wish Axiom were faster to
> compile.

You mean there once was a version of build.improvements that did
compile in such small memory? You did not explain this earlier.

> I hope to be at a point where I can start parallel make, but
> I first need to get this issue out of the way.

Do you suspect some Axiom coding error??? Or are you talking
about a different issue. It is no longer clear to me.