Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom memory usage and GCL

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom memory usage and GCL
Date: 27 Sep 2006 13:24:53 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| I've been doing a binary search (which gives me a chance to appreciate
| changetset commits); I may be near the commit that caused the problem,
| but I really wish Axiom were faster to compile.  I hope to be at a
| point where I can start parallel make, but I first need to get this
| issue out of the way.

I traced the issue down to an obscure dependency in the toplevel
Makefile. Axiom build on SF x86-linux1 has been going on for a while
now.  It is at algebra layer 13, but I don't think it would be completed
before I take off to office.  This is the first time I'm having a
build of axiom.build-improvements going that far on a debian-based
system.  I suspect that is encouraging.