Re: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] viewport in build-improvements
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:18:17 +0100 (CET)

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> On 11/02/2006 01:04 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> > .ht, .pht, .bitmap, .pixmap, .xbm and .data in Axiom distribution are
> > text files.  Hyperdoc uses byte counts to access .ht and .pht, but
> > the file positions should be recomputed anyway.
>
> Since I don't live too deep in .ht and .pht things, what does that mean?
> Do you want to recompute the byte-offsets at the time these files are
> copied to the /mnt directory? If you do that then it clearly classifies
> those files as being generated and no source anymore. Then they should
> not live under SVN at all.

Byte offsets are stored in 'ht.db' -- I proposed its removal from
the source repository.  .pht things could be generated, but ATM
this stops at various places waiting for keyboard input.  The largest
.ht files are NAG documention -- we have no source the generate them.
Most of the other .ht files are generated (extracted) from Axiom book,
but we need to write an extraction program.  For this it would help
to see NAG version of Axiom book -- the one in open is heavily
modified by Tim.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden