Re: [Axiom-developer] hypertex and documentation search

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] hypertex and documentation search
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 02:28:10 +0100 (CET)

> Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | On one machine documentation searching did not work. The problem
> | was that on that machine there was already intalled 'htsearch'
> | program (which is searching trough HTML pages) and hypertex
> | picked the instlled program (which was on the PATH) insted of
> | Axiom version.
>
> The complete correction should invoke Axiom's htsearch with either
> absolute or relative path, instead of relying on PATH.
> Could you give that a shot?

For htsearch alone this is resonably easy, the following snippet
from 'man0.ht' (in two copies) is responsible for its invocation.

\menuunixlink{Search}
  {htsearch "\stringvalue{pattern}"}
  \tab{15} Reference documentation ({\em *} wild card is not accepted).

We should use '{\$SPAD/bin/htsearch "\stringvalue{pattern}"}' or
'{\$AXIOM/bin/htsearch "\stringvalue{pattern}"}' instead.
But there is also a lot of references to 'viewAlone' (this can be
solved with extra sed rule). 'spadclient' use wrong path...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden