Re: [Axiom-developer] Mac OS X 10.4.8 PowerPC success!

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Mac OS X 10.4.8 PowerPC success!
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:01:29 +0100 (CET)

Raymond Manzoni wrote:

>       In fact I tried earlier to repeat your manipulations to compile from
> source and could repeat the second part (use adacs to get axiom
> source and so on) but the first part (install gcl) didn't work here...
>
>       The gcl generation ends (depending on paths and/or parameter) with
> either a gcl readline error :
> gcl_readline.d: In function 'rl_completion':
> gcl_readline.d:221: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'rl_completion_matches'
> gcl_readline.d:221: error: 'rl_compentry_func_t' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> gcl_readline.d:221: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> gcl_readline.d:221: error: for each function it appears in.)
> gcl_readline.d:221: error: parse error before ')' token

You should be able to find explanation of you problem in Google.
Yesterday searching (IIRC) for

readline BSD

I have found message stating that Apple ships BSD 'libedit' library
which in partial (but incomplete) replacement for 'readline'.  What
is worse Apple istalls symbolic link from 'readline.dynlib' to
'libedit.dynlib' so that programs which want to use GNU 'readline'
end up using 'libedit' -- in many cases leading to errors like
above.  The message described what configure has to do to distingush
'libedit' from true 'readline', but I do not remember details.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden