Re: [Axiom-developer] Mac OS X 10.4.8 PowerPC success!

From: Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Mac OS X 10.4.8 PowerPC success!
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 14:51:08 -0400

root wrote:
>>> http://www.hpcf.upr.edu/~humberto/axiom-ppc-2006110301.tar.gz
>>>
>>      Hi Humberto,
>>
>>      And thanks for providing this binary!
>>      My machine is a Dual G5 running OS X 10.4.8 (PPC build 8L127, Darwin
>> Kernel Version 8.8.0, PowerMac7,2 Darwin similar to your
>> configuration I think...)  and your binary worked here too!  Great!!
>
> Unfortunately this does not work for me. I get:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
>  Referenced from:
> /private/var/root/axiom50/powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0/bin/./AXIOMsys
>  Reason: image not found
>
> Tim

AXIOMsys doesn't need X support does it? I'm going to try to rebuild gcl
without X support and build a new axiom from it. Is there an equivalent
to the linux ldd command on Mac OS? On linux, ldd lists out the dynamic
libraries used by a program.

I think there is another solution, in XCode, I can specify what kind of
project to build, and one of the options is (I think) a binary that is
compatible with OS X 10.2 or later (I don't know if it's static or uses
compatibility libraries). It may be possible to pass flags to the
command line tools to achieve the same thing. I'll ask around

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist