Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for trigonometric functions again...

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for trigonometric functions again...
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:01:51 +0100 (CET)

Francois Maltey wrote:
> In fact I try today to get a nice result for this exercice I'll give to my
> students :
>
>    sum ((cos x)^k * cos (k*x), k=0..n)
>
> Is it possible to load at the boot-time the packages or the
> functions that we prefer ?
>
> So I won't need to type expand$MyExpand (cos (3*x/2)) but only expand
> (cos (3*x/2)) in the interpreter, even if my expand function in
> MyExpand.spad package will use sometimes the expand function of the
> manip.spad file.

AFAICS you want to make your function visible and hide the system one
-- you can do this using )set expose system command.
At startup Axiom reads you initialization file, so probably you can
do this from initialization file (but I did not try).

BTW. Did you look at rischNormalize function in
ElementaryFunctionStructurePackage?  In principle rischNormalize
should be able to do all possible trigonometric (and logarithmic)
simplifications.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden