Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for trigonometric functions again...

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom for trigonometric functions again...
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 02:58:53 +0100 (CET)

> Hi Waldek,
>
> Thanks for your reponse.
> It is my purpose.
>
> My main idea is to get expand (cos (2*x)) working as expand (cos (x+y)).
>
> Do you know if it's possible or must I write my own package ?

So, you want expand (cos (2*x)) giving you:

             2         2
    - sin(x)  + cos(x)

Well, rischNormalize will not help you doing this.  My point was
that rischNormalize can collapse rather compilcated expressions to
zero (ATM rischNormalize handles only expressions in one variable,
but the method is general and it should be easy to make own version
which handles arbitrary many variables).

I think you need your own package -- rischNormalize may help you
write it.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden