compiler-improvements (was: [Axiom-developer] src/hyper/Makefile.in)

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: compiler-improvements (was: [Axiom-developer] src/hyper/Makefile.in)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:12:51 +0100

Hi Gaby,

On 11/14/2006 09:49 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Ill also create a branch for trying to improve the compiler. One of
my goals is to remove the requirement for ')abbrev' commands, "extend", and better dependent types.

Oh, good news.

If we have post facto extensions, I believe we can significantly reduce the complexity of the bootstrapping process.

That would be great. If we have that we can really start cleaning up the algebra code.

I would also like the interpreter being a kind of Spad algebra over
the compiler.

That is what I wished for so long...

> Maybe that would also give a good way to bnatural, and
better surpport for generic programming (good for Axiom!).

It seems that with the speed of Axiom, SPAD is soon becoming the better Aldor. AFAIK, there is no move in opening Aldor.

Ralf