Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:51:26 -0400

Page, Bill wrote:
> Gaby,
>
> What is the current status of build-improvements and compiling Axiom
> on MAC OSX? Does this work out of the box, i.e. configure && make?
> Does hyperdoc and graphics work? I am not able to test this at
> the SourceForge farm.

Not yet.

AXIOMsys builds with the internal gcl with just ./configure && make if
you eliminate all references to fink from your path (i.e., no
/sw/bin:/sw/sbin). You may want to symlink latex and makeindex from
/sw/bin to /usr/local/bin.

Waldek posted a patch to fix some issues with openpty that isn't in
build-improvements yet (as far as I can tell, I have version control
system overload):

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-11/msg00236.html

I think that's all that's needed to build, but I want to pull a clean
source tree and try again. Maybe over the holiday weekend.

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist