RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:24:36 -0500

On December 12, 2006 4:52 AM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Many thanks to both of you, and sorry for having wasted your
> time with a such a silly issue.

Not at all. I solved a problem I didn't even know I had. :-)

> The good news is that we may be able to build Axiom.
> build-improvements on windows soon :-)

That's excellent! Let me know how/if I can help. One thing I
plan to do after you commit the recent change for the SPAD
variable is to diff against axiom--windows--1. There were
several patches to Axiom that as far as I know were never
incorporated into the axiom--main--1 branch from which Axiom
silver and build-improvements were cloned, although most of
these might already be obsoleted by build-improvements. The
most critical are probably some unix system dependencies such
as 'rm' and 'mv' commands which should really be implemented
in a more portable lisp manner.

When this is accomplished, I would like to suggest that it may
well be time to consider a new "official" silver release of
Axiom. If we could merge in Waldek's improvements to hyperdoc
and his recent bug fixes, that would make a very nice present
for all of us anxious Axiom users!