Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:36:39 -0400

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:45:49 -0400
 "Alfredo Portes" <address@hidden> wrote:
To remove the grep error do as explained by Waldek:

)lisp (setf |$standard| 't)
)lisp (setf |$saturn| 'nil)

Yes, that does get around the GREP problem, but a new one pops up:

(1) -> )sys grep hyper hyper~1.spa
\usepackage{hyperref}_
(1) -> )lisp (setf |$standard| 't)

Value = T
(1) -> )lisp (setf |$saturn| 'nil)

Value = NIL
(1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)

   >> System error:
   Cannot open the file /tmp/target.txt.NIL.

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
(1) -> ops: Database IndexCard := getDatabase("o")$OperationsQuery

   >> System error:
   Cannot open the file /tmp/target.txt.NIL.

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

I understand /tmp/ is a directory just below root. So I created a /tmp directory in the partition where Axiom lives. This allows the write to /tmp/target.txt.NIL. Now I have:
(1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)
grep.exe: libdb.text: No such file or directory
[...]

I believe this is due to the 8.3 convention. I see libdb.text in the path: .../windows/lib/.

I see that you are also creating other files with long names. This will not work as long as Axiom runs in a DOS windows.

William

Also you will need a newer version of axiom like wh-sandbox, as Martin explained in a previous email. Bill, were you able
to compile wh-sandbox or build-improvements in windows?

Yes, please Bill, if you can post a binary. But it needs to be more "native" to handle long file names.

William