Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:00:46 -0400

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:36:39 -0400
 "William Sit" <address@hidden> wrote:

(1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)
grep.exe: libdb.text: No such file or directory
[...]

I believe this is due to the 8.3 convention. I see libdb.text in the path: .../windows/lib/.

I see that you are also creating other files with long names. This will not work as long as Axiom runs in a DOS windows.

I used a newer (circa 2002) version of grep from cygwin and I have:

(1) -> ops: Database IndexCard := getDatabase("o")$OperationsQuery

   (1)  146
Type: Database IndexCard
(2) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)$Lisp

SOCKET is not a lisp function and so cannot be used with $Lisp.
(2) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)
   There are no library operations named SOCKET
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                               )what op SOCKET
to learn if there is any operation containing " SOCKET " in its
      name.

Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      SOCKET with argument type(s)
                               PositiveInteger
                             (String -> String)

Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type, or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

I am not worried about the small database 146 value because I am running the hyperdoc package in .../windows/lib which is my personal library. I assume that if I can set the path to include the actual Axiom library I would be able to get the entire database.

I guess the newer Axiom would understand SOCKET?

William