Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Hyperdoc

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Hyperdoc
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:25:38 -0400

On 15 Jun 2007 07:57:45 +0200, Martin Rubey wrote:

> Perhaps the ultimate example of what you want (except
> nicely formated HTML output) is 'displayDatabase' defined in
> /src/interp/as.boot.pamphlet.

Many thanks for the hint.  I guess I have now everthing together, save
some html knowledge

HTML is very simple, I am sure you kind find someone near by to help
you.

and, most importantly, sockets on windows!

??? There is support for sockets on Windows in GCL and this works
for axiom-0.1.4 on Windows.

For some reason I believed that the "webserver" would run on
windows, but apparently, this is not the case.

Why do you say that? I also believe that it should run on windows.

Is there a chance to have something similar on windows?

When I first did the tests for running the basic "little webserver
in Lisp" I was running it all in Axiom on Windows.

Or would that, in fact, mean that we could run the old hyperdoc
on windows, too?  Sorry that I'm so ignorant about these things.

No, that is a completely different issue - a problem with not having
any support for X-windows plus a few other details like pty etc.

Maybe some other lisp that can compile axiom on windows has
some possibility to communicate with a browser?

GCL on windows should work fine.

I suppose now you are going to ask me to spend my time to
prove it. I have been trying just to be helpful without having to get
directly involved... I was sure hoping that someone else would do
this work. -:(

BTW, how is the Axiom Workshop going?