[Axiom-developer] Axisp news

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axisp news
Date: 25 Jun 2007 16:51:58 -0400

Greetings all, FYI:

Today I updated the axisp repo with some new code.  The principle
change is a SPAD parser.  It is written in Lisp.

I am not promoting this code for release into Silver at this time.
For one, there are a few (minor) incompatibilities. Second, I view it
primarily as a development tool which will enable me to begin
substantial changes to the compiler proper.  However, in time, my hope
is that these efforts will eventually find their way into Silver.

For anyone interested in testing the new parser, be warned, this is
the first commit.  It is considered alpha quality.  I have been using
dhmatrix.spad and clifford.spad as a `representative' input.  There is
a lot of spad code the parser has never seen.

To explore these changes, note that they live in the remote branch
origin/axisp.  Anyone who would like some instruction as to how you
can view these changes with Git, I'd be pleased to provide the
details.  I will be updating the wiki page to contain more info in
this regard.

For those who compile a working checkout:  To enable the new
code you need to say `)set axisp on' at the Axiom command line.
Then, trying the new parser can be done with a standard `)co
foo.spad'.

Finally, any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve