Re: [Axiom-developer] Axisp news

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axisp news
Date: 25 Jun 2007 23:30:22 +0200

Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

> > Hmm.  How does it do with Martin's Guess package?
>
> I have not tested it.  I would be surprised if it worked.  The parser handles
> a good chuck of the spad grammar but it is known to be deficient in a few
> areas, and even intentionally incompatible in others.  Perhaps I will use the
> guess package as `representative' input during the next iteration of
> improvements.

I would urge you, not to.  I believe I use some hacks I'd rather have
non-working.  (I use them only because the proper way is not supported by SPAD)
Rather, PLEASE try to follow the Aldor User Guide.  Since Christian Aistleitner
wrote a parser for Aldor some time ago (in Aldor, sources being available from
himself, I believe), maybe you would like to get into contact with him.

Trying to model a parser after the current algebra is, in my opinion, a wast of
time.

All the best and thanks for working on this,

Martin