Re: [Axiom-developer] Version numbers and merging improvements

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Version numbers and merging improvements
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:30:01 +0200 (CEST)

Martin Rubey wrote:
> C Y <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'll take a look at following Gaby's hints and make a file that
> > contains the key information for autoconf (or whatever) to target.
> > That file could be script updated or hand updated as needed (say on a
> > platform where the script doesn't work).  I'll start on a pamphlet
> > file.
>
> For svn
>
> LC_ALL=C svn info | grep "Last Changed Rev:"
>
> might be appropriate (as already pointed out by Ralf), although I do not know
> how stable "Last Changed Rev:" is.

Note that checked out source should work without svn (think about source
tree copied to a machine without network access).  Gaby proposed
script running on the svn server and that should be fine.  Somebody
just has to work out how to install such script on SourceForge.
Also, while script should be simple testing on SourceForge may be tricky,
so somebody having an svn server should probably first test such
script on their own server and only later install it on SourceForge.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden