Re: [Axiom-developer] gclcvs-2.7.0 and Axiom

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] gclcvs-2.7.0 and Axiom
Date: 01 Aug 2007 18:54:45 -0400

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings!  Will try to take a look this evening -- thanks so much for
> the report!

If you will be working with the modified version of Silver to
investigate, then the following patch should be applied on top of the
previous patches I have provided.

This patch appears to solve the problem w.r.t elt over dotted lists by
modifying the boot compiler to emit calls to a safe function.  The
cached lisp has been updated to recognize this change.

It temporarily disables Axioms hook into universal-error-handler to
permit easier debugging.

It removes the calls to compiler::fixed-args.

I hope this is sufficient for you to reproduce the error I am seeing.
Please let me know if you run into any difficulties.

Thanks for looking into this!

Steve