Re: [Axiom-developer] help function

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] help function
Date: 05 Sep 2007 22:08:18 +0200

Hello * !

> I also believe that ")help" is much(!) better than "help".  I believe that it
> does make sense to separate functionality like )help, )display, )show, )lib,
> etc. from algebra functionality.
>
> If you agree to that the closing parenthesis is in my opinion a very good
> sistinction symbol.

But is it sure that )read is a meta-system command ?
It's impossible to insert )sys and )cd in an axiom function.

Is it possible to use a local )set command for )set stream...

and the )set function cache... is outside the definition of the function,
but its sense is (for me) a local declaration as local variable or so.

Have a nice day !

F.