Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:51:54 -0700

root wrote:
>> That should be easy to test, though -- do the whole build as root and
>> all the environment variables will be set all the way through. It won't
>> take me long to check it -- it's less than an hour on an Athlon64 X2
>> 5200+ :).
>
> envy :-) send the system to me and i'll test it here :-)
> who makes the box?

CompUSA, actually. You go buy a chassis, a motherboard, a processor, a
power supply, a hard drive, a DVD drive and some RAM and put it all
together. Or for a ridiculously low price, they'll do all that. It's
faster than Dell and cheaper. Actually I put in my own RAM ... that's easy.

I was going to get one of the tiny desktop ones from HP, but they only
went up to 2 GB and came with Windows Vista installed. I don't need that. :)