Re: [Axiom-developer] axserver patch

From: Arthur Ralfs
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axserver patch
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:06:18 -0700

root wrote:
> Thanks. Already found and made them.
> I used double quotes rather than "\ " to delimit the -R arguments
> but the effect is the same.
>
> The most significant problem I'm having is that my browser has
> suddenly decided to start syntax checking my html files. But it
> only does that when I go thru your interface. Browsing the file
> directly works fine. Any suggestions about what causes that?
>
> Tim

Do you mean Firefox is giving you an error message when you try to
load the axiom.xml file?

It might be the difference between html and xhtml (xml).  If Firefox thinks
you're loading html it will display it as best it can even if it's full
of mistakes.
If it thinks it's xml then it will give an error message if it's not
well formed.

When loading a local file I think Firefox takes the content type from the
file extension.  However when the file is delivered through a server I don't
think the extension makes any difference, rather it's the Content-Type
header
that matters.  In this case the Content-Type is set in the getFile
function to
"application/xhtml+xml".

Did you make any changes to the axiom.xml file?

Arthur