Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Installation directory
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:46:50 -0500

>But please answer my question:
>
>> Do you really want to maintain
>>
>> axiom.el, fricas.el, openaxiom.el,
>> axiom.tm, fricas.tm, openaxiom.tm
>> axiom.php, fricas.php, openaxiom.php?

Since you posted a literate file for axiom.el I have it in the queue
to package it with Axiom. I have to set up and test some install
instructions. I expect that fricas.el would end up being packaged
with Fricas. There is no reason for Waldek to ship axiom.el.

There are no literate forms of axiom.tm and axiom.php that I've
seen (which doesn't mean they don't exist). Until somebody writes
some documentation so the next generation can maintain and expand
them they are not in the queue.

If literate programming were used these could all be maintained from
a single file.

Why isn't there an "algebra.el"?

>(I think ALLPROSE is another candidate, but I do not know for sure)

ALLPROSE is a beautiful piece of work but somebody is going to have
to package it so it fits into the system. It is large, I didn't write
it, and I don't understand it which makes it hard for me to package it.

I had enough trouble trying to make a literate document for the
Pfaffian code and until I write the document with some test cases
for the regression machinery and example machinery it is still in the
queue.

Tim