Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN failure on Sourceforge.net

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN failure on Sourceforge.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:42:02 -0500

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM, root <address@hidden> wrote:

> If this were the only SVN failure I'd experienced in the last
> year I'd be quite mistaken. Note, however, that I've done an
> update on the average of once every few days. SVN fails
> quite frequently. When you consider that my basic sequence is
>
>  patch -p1 <latest-git-patch-file
>  svn status
>  svn commit -Flatest-git-commit-msg
>
> I'm not using it for anything but recording changes. For me it
> simply implies that the level of code quality in SVN is nowhere
> near what it needs to be. I really try hard not to leave broken
> code in public repositories.

I do not deny your failure reports.  In fact, they always trouble me.
I believe I do fairly frequent commits to the OpenAxiom SVN repo
at SF, and I don't think I have had that success rate of negative experience
as your reports -- yet, I think do more complicated manipulations that the
above basic commit commands.  Maybe it is something personal
between you and SVN :-)

-- Gaby, in the middle of syncing all his SVN repos, before hitting the road.