[Axiom-developer] Installation on Debian Linux (Lenny) failed.

From: Alan Hutchinson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Installation on Debian Linux (Lenny) failed.
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 23:21:15 +0000

Dear Sir
Thank you for Axiom.  I have used it once before on another Linux machine, and it did what I wanted.

This is a Debian "Lenny" Linux installation which seems to be behaving well.  It is usually updated whenever the update notifier suggests.  Its basic features are
Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.26-2-686
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz
Main Memory
  Memory Range: 0x00000000-0x1f7effff (rw)
  Memory Size: 504 MB

I downloaded the most recent available copy of Axiom from your web page
  axiom-debian-sept2010-bin.tgz
and tried to install it this evening.  The machine ran hard for maybe about 4 hours, and reported several regression test failures.
While I was watching it, the simple memory monitor on the top panel suggested that it never had to use swap space as virtual memory.
A summary of the commands I typed, and the output from "make", should be attached.
Could you please tell me if I have done anything wrong?

Best wishes
Alan Hutchinson.