Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:41:01 +0100 (CET)

Please check if it works also for you.

Wait. I realized that you have removed the \< and \> markers. Why?

Becuase I changed syntax rules of matching: for elements which are made up only of keywords (that is, character in 48-57,_,a-z,A-Z,&,!,? ) then I declare something like

syn keyword axCategory Domain

Before it was

syn match axCategory "\<Domain\>"

keywords select only whole words: the markers \< \> are required in matches if you want the same behaviour.

With the above definitions, both rules hilights Domain but not EuclideanDomain.
If the match were

syn match axCategory "Domain" then in EuclideanDomain you would get Domain highlighted.

Another difference is that keywords have the highest priority.

Given the above, whenever possible I switched to "syn keyword"

The match syntax is still necessary just for a bunch of operations which are made up of simbols.

Fabio