Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:46:59 +0100

> Ralph

I still prefer correct spelling.

> ./keywords.sh axiom

Right.

> If it is like so, then unluckly it doesn't work with axiom: it produces
> four empty files.

:-(

Just replace the keywords function by:

keywords () {
    echo ")what $1" | $EXE > $1.vim
}

And send my the 4 files.

Can you first check, whether

  echo ")what domains" | axiom -nosman

produces anything on your computer. The "-nosman" actually means to
directly call AXIOMsys. So if you do

export AXIOM=...
./keywords.sh $AXIOM/bin/AXIOMsys

(or whereever your AXIOMsys is), it might work.
But perhaps AXIOM has problems with redirects. (I would be surprised.)

> In any case, I updated the files: I added syntax for system commands too
> and I added instructions to create owns  command syntax files.
> Required user intervention is very limited and straightforward and I
> think that trying to eliminate it completely can be not worth of and,
> also, not completely deterministic, given the "garbage" in output spool
> files.

Come on, for FriCAS, my keywords.sh script gets already rid of that
garbage automatically. One just has to play a bit with sed.
Semiautomatic stuff is pretty useless.

>> The operations.vim doesn't quite match. There are some places where in
>> your original file you have something like \M~=\m. Since I don't use
>> vim, I don't understand the differences.

> The \M stuff (which today I slightly modified) is somewhat necessary due
> to vim handling of regexps, to have a precise control of them regardless
> of users' settings.

Could that be added to keywords.sh? Since I don't know vim, I wouldn't
know whether the result is right if I corrected keywords.sh myself.

Ralf