Re: [Axiom-developer] MACOSX

From: u1204
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MACOSX
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:53:15 -0400

Camm,

>Greetings!  I get through the mac build up to this non-gcl failure:

>viewman.c: In function 'rmViewMgr':
>viewman.c:546: warning: implicit declaration of function 'close'

Sigh. Another gcc change that will require me to figure out the
correct set of switches. It is hard to write stable software on
so many moving platforms.

>This is with git tag cygwin at the moment.  I will verify 2_6_10
>afterwards.

>Separately, I usually run with TESTSET=regresstests.  A simple 'make'
>with no arguments seems to be taking forever on x86 on richtrig800-899,
>some huge bignum calculation perhaps.  trace is spooling gc call
>notifications.  How long should this test take?

A straight 'make' call will run all of the tests, including the
CATS (Computer Algebra Test Suite), which can take many hours.
I need to change the default not to run that suite.

Tim