axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Data structure for object definition

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Data structure for object definition
Date: 28 Sep 2006 13:51:27 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
| > |
| > | I don't understand the question. Please give more detail. --t
| >
| > Basically I would like functionalities similar to those in
| > mkfunc.spad, but that lets me inspect (using SPAD code) category,
| > domain, and package definitions as SPAD objects.
|
| All of the things you want are available as lisp objects.

Yes, I figured that part out; but I did not know how to access them as
SPAD objects.

| Ultimately Spad is just a cover language for lisp.

Yes, but I would prefer to work at the SPAD level if possible.

| If you compile a spad file you can see the functions in
| the NRLIB/code.lsp file.

Yes.

| You can manipulate them directly
| using code such as is found in src/interp/monitor.lisp.pamphlet

This, I did not know.

| Types created at runtime can also be accessed.
|
| What you'd need to do is define a package which exports a set
| of functions you'd like which give you the ability you need.
| Once these functions are defined we can certainly create the
| lisp functions which implement them.

So those functions need to be Lisp, instead of SPAD?

| Your package can then call
| these lisp functions at the spad level to let you do anything
| you'd like.

OK.

| What functions do you need and why do you need them?

I need the functions for implementing Algorithmic Differentiation of
codes written in SPAD.

-- Gaby