axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Windows: where's the documentation?

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Windows: where's the documentation?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:57:29 -0500

> I know of the Axiom book and the tutorial, but that does not contain what
> I want; an overview of types and a list of functions for all types.
> Everywhere I looked, I was directed to hypertex, which is not available on
> windows.

Actually there is a version of hyperdoc for windows but it uses Xming.
Plus it does not connect to Axiom. Axiom and hyperdoc communicate using
an intermediate program called sman which does not yet run on windows.
Thus hyperdoc is only partially functional.

> So let me refrase my initial question: can somebody convert the hypertex
> documentation to a general purpose format which is readable on all platforms?
> Candidate formats are:
> -pdf
> -html
> -info

All of the information in the databases can be extracted with a function
called asq (e.g. ask). This is a simple C function that should run on
Windows. It can extract and print any information that the database
knows about functions.

Now that I think about it, it should be straightforward to connect
asq to a browser since a C function can be used as a cgi-bin program.
It might take a little fondling to make the output display well in html
but that's not conceptually hard.

I'll look at it.