axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?

From: Oliver Kullmann
Subject: [Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:17:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm in the process of choosing a new
computer algebra system, to be integrated
into the generative (active) C++ library
I'm developing. Being appalled by Sage
because of their programming language (python),
I tried Maxima, which is kind of fun, the good
olden Lisp days, but it seems that development
has stopped. By the way, I used to use mupad,
but since now there are no free versions of it anymore,
I have to use (and migrate to) a new system.

So well, what now surprises me with Axiom is that at
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources
only a version from September 2005 is available (I mean
the tarball) ??
So has development of Axiom also stopped??? But according
to the mailing lists, there is still something going on?

Oliver

--
Dr. Oliver Kullmann
Computer Science Department