axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] A combinatorial question

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A combinatorial question
Date: 03 Oct 2007 16:49:21 +0200

"Alasdair McAndrew" <address@hidden> writes:

> It turns out that subSet is a command from the package
> SymmetricGroupCombinatoricFunctions (SGCF).  But there seems to be no
> mention of it in HyperDoc.  Aside from this mail group, how would a user
> find out about this function?

Hmm, if I enter subSet in HyperDoc, I get it. What flavour of axiom are you
using?

Apart from that, the first thing to do is to say

  )wh th subset

(what things subset), which spits out a list of all things that have "subset"
in their name (case insensitive).  In fact, HyperDoc should be able to do this,
too, but I find ")wh th" easier to type.

Finally, the mailing lists are an excellent place to ask such questions.  Did
you have to wait long?

Martin