axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] A combinatorial question

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A combinatorial question
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:23:52 -0400

On 10/3/07, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
> It turns out that subSet is a command from the package
> SymmetricGroupCombinatoricFunctions (SGCF).  But there
> seems to be no mention of it in HyperDoc.  Aside from this mail group, how
> would a user find out about this function?

Well, Martin mentioned other ways to find it but I read about in the
way that is most common for me - by browsing Axiom source code on the
wiki:

  http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

by clicking:

   -> Browse Source -> src -> algebra

Then I entered the word

   subsets

in the search box on the top right and hit enter. There are 9 search
results and 'sgcf.spad' is near the bottom. Click on

 -> sgcf.spad -> pdf (or src, etc.)

to read the pamphlet files.

Of course if you have the source code files on your local system and
are used to using unix commands you can do almost the same thing in a
more primitive just by using grep:

  $ cd src/algebra
  $ grep 'subsets' *.pamphlet

Regards,