axiom-mail

Re: [open-axiom-devel] [Axiom-mail] A little print problem

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [open-axiom-devel] [Axiom-mail] A little print problem
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:39:09 +0200

Ooops. Anybody else experiencing this?
Clearly, I gave wrong input first, but the error message is frightening.

(I am not sure which revision I used when I built OA.)

Ralf

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.8 CLtL1    Aug 23 2007 17:30:07
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/hemmecke/
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
              Version: OpenAxiom 1.1.0 experimental 2007-09-10
            Timestamp: Wednesday September 26, 2007 at 19:30:12
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

(1) ->
(1) -> F:=FFP(PF 2,x3+x+1)

   Cannot convert from type Polynomial SparseUnivariatePolynomial
      PrimeField 2 to SparseUnivariatePolynomial PrimeField 2 for value
   x3 + x + 1

(1) -> F:=FFP(PF 2,x^3+x+1)

   >> System error:
   Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]