ayttm-devel

[Ayttm-devel] Migration notes

From: Tahir Hashmi
Subject: [Ayttm-devel] Migration notes
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:49:56 +0530

Hi all!

I just migrated from EB to Ayttm and had a few things to mention:

- I used the current contacts file from EB and had no issues
except that Yahoo and MSN default groups (which I don't use) are
downloaded every time I sign on, even if I delete them locally.

- I get two MSN 201 errors every time I sign on

- The notion of having all the advanced prefs in the prefs file
is cool. The users need not be bogged down by gui clutter and
preferences can be documented in a separate section of the Ayttm
Users' Manual (Now that I have got ayttm, I can start working on
it :-) )

- Ayttm hasn't crashed yet so part of the fun of moving to a new
client is taken away :p

--
Tahir Hashmi (VSE, NCST)
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir

We, the rest of humanity, wish GNU luck and Godspeed