ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Migration notes

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Migration notes
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:35:51 +0100

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:49:56 +0530 Tahir Hashmi
<address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Tahir,

> I just migrated from EB to Ayttm and had a few things to mention:
>
> - I used the current contacts file from EB and had no issues
> except that Yahoo and MSN default groups (which I don't use) are
> downloaded every time I sign on, even if I delete them locally.

This is wanted behaviour for the first part.
However we have to add a del_group() callback for services because we
can't delete them on server now. I'll do it soon.

> - I get two MSN 201 errors every time I sign on

Invalid parameter. Don't know for what, i don't have such errors :-/
Could you ethereal a connection?

> - The notion of having all the advanced prefs in the prefs file
> is cool. The users need not be bogged down by gui clutter and
> preferences can be documented in a separate section of the Ayttm
> Users' Manual (Now that I have got ayttm, I can start working on
> it :-) )

Great :)

> - Ayttm hasn't crashed yet so part of the fun of moving to a new
> client is taken away :p

Hehe... Thanks for the feedback!
--
Colin