bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-devel] Send message from child to parent

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Send message from child to parent
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:52:20 -0400

I spent a lot of time testing this specific problem today, and I found there is indeed a problem which prevents location of the trunk port which makes session not work, and it is in Driver::getTrunk() itself. The simplest fix is to change the line in driver.cpp
's ::getTrunk method that says

   if(!drv || !isdigit(*name))

to something like

   if(!drv || (!isdigit(*name) && !strchr(name, '-')))

Krytiana Loke wrote:

I've tried doing this

parent.scr
set %test 1
start.group var=&child_id default child
sleep 10
..

^event
 slog "HERE"

child.scr
session %session.parentid
set %test 100
session

^error
 slog.crit %script.error
 exit

and the error which comes out is invalid session.

In the testing branch you would accomplish this differently than using "send":

session %session.parentid  (or %session.parent)
set %someglobalvar-in-parent string-or-local-scope-%var
session

Krytiana Loke wrote:

I did, and they did have values
I did a print out in parent for %session.id and it's the same as the one
in
child ...