bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne sample applications and examples

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne sample applications and examples
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:25:06 -0500

I have not forgotten about producing a set of standard application
scripts for Bayonne.  In fact, some will be created to support the new
stack.  The first of these to be written is a little macro library with
supporting voice prompts to do a tiny msgbox service.  This should be
available  and tested by next week and is mostly to experiment with the
idea of macro based messaging facilities in the future.

I am going to package the applications into separate tarballs.  This is
in part because even trivial ones which have prompts will greatly expand
the distribution.  There will be a new section on the gnutelephony
splash page for listing applications.  They will use simple makefiles
like the one used for btsvoice-proto, and will be built with the proto
voice for prompts.

Applications will also be in gnutelephony cvs under apps, and will have
bayonne2-xxxx packages in the RPM repository by app name.  The latter
will be used to build up apps that will install directly for certain
gnutelephony-xxxx profiles in the future.